3 Ultimate Reasons Why You Fail In Job InterviewsPosted: November 1, 2011
Are you attending “n” number of job interviews but failing miserably? These might be the reasons
Lack of Preparation – Practice makes you perfect. Do not attend even a single interview without proper preparation. Prepare yourself thoroughly before facing an interviewer. Right from applying for a job till post interview follow ups, a great deal of preparation is required.
- Read Job advertisements (JD) carefully
- Pick the job related keywords mentioned in JD
- Include those keywords in your CV
- Re-read your CV before sending it to recruiters
- Research about the company you apply for
- List few questions to ask your interviewer
- Telephonic interviews are effective screening process. Take them seriously.
- Follow up with recruiter on interview status
Dressing Miserably – Many get it wrong when it comes to dressing up for interviews. Have a separate pair of dresses especially for interviews. Keep away from cool quotient, your interviewer is not interested in hippie dresses or casual attires. Be tidy. Match your belt with shoe color. Never attend an interview without shoes/socks. Light color dresses are always the best shot. Say NO to flashy colors and flowery designs.
Yes/No Answers – Interviewer shoots questions to assess an employee’s attitude, ability, flexibility, decision making skills, responsiveness, fit to organizational culture, subject matter expertise, technical knowledge and so on. Show your expertise in words, have detailed but to the point conversation with your interviewer. Avoid yes/no answers to land in your dream jobs.
What are you waiting for? Let your job search & success begin!