“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless – like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” – Bruce Lee
Work Life balance is an art.
Like every art, it can be perfected by practice.
Meditation makes you feel relaxed; it clears your mind of personal worries, unwanted thoughts, work tensions and monthly target pressures,
Meditation increases concentration power, declutters your mind of all the distractions and keeps you focused on what really matters.
Here is a simple guide for meditation.
- Find a calm place where you will not be disturbed by external forces
- Sit in silence. Keep your back straight. Close your eyes. Make yourself feel relaxed
- Focus your mind’s eye on each part of your body and repeat saying “relaaaaaaaaax”
- Think about the calmness of the seashore; hear the sounds of waves and birds flying.
- Now your mind started feeling relaxed, it will have lesser thoughts.
- Start focusing on your Breath.
- Inhale deeply counting to 10, Hold your breath for 5 counts, Exhale slowly counting to 10. (Always remember this as 2:1:2 ratio)
- Repeat this breathing exercise for 10 times.
- Focus your energy and attention to the parts of your body that requires healing
- Observe your breathing (Inhaling, Exhaling)
- Keep meditating at least 10 minutes/day.
- When you feel Relaxed, open your eyes slowly. Feel the freshness
Practice meditation to have a balanced life.
Share your work-life balance tips.